Now accepting entries in our 2014 screenplay contest…
The PAGE International Screenwriting Awards competition was established in the fall of 2003 by an alliance of Hollywood producers, agents, and development executives. Our goal: to discover the most exciting new screenplays by up-and-coming writers from across the country and around the world.
Since that time, due to unprecedented success of so many of our winning writers, the PAGE Awards screenwriting contest has become widely recognized as one of the most important sources for new screenwriting talent within the Hollywood community and worldwide.
It’s a Catch 22. While producers and agents always complain about how difficult it is to find good material, talented writers who live outside Los Angeles and have no “connections” within the movie industry find it virtually impossible to penetrate the barriers of the Hollywood system.
The PAGE screenwriting contest was designed to bridge that gap – giving new screenwriters the opportunity to get their scripts into the hands of industry professionals, while also serving as a much-needed resource for Hollywood producers, agents, and studio execs who are searching for quality material.
Over the past ten years, the contest has helped launch the careers of dozens of talented screenwriters. Among our latest Success Stories:
- Shortly after the 2013 Awards were announced, Gold Prize winner Chris Molinaro was signed by PAGE Judge Jeff Belkin at Zero Gravity Management, Silver Prize winner Sage Mears was signed by PAGE Judges Zach Cox and Julian Rosenberg at Circle of Confusion, and Bronze Prize winner Kathryn Wood was signed by PAGE Judges Chris Cook and Carrie Isgett at Madhouse Entertainment.
- After winning his 2012 Gold Prize, Graham Norris was signed by PAGE Judge Joe Riley of Velocity Entertainment and by UTA. A few weeks later, Graham sold his series pitch to Warner Bros and he is now developing the pilot with Rob Thomas (VERONICA MARS) for Fox TV.
- Leena Juoperi’s 2012 Bronze Prize-winning thriller DEATH IN A FLOWER BATH was optioned by director Julius Sevcik and the project is now in active development with Axman Productions.
- After her PAGE win, 2011 Grand Prize winner Pat White was signed by Brandy Rivers at The Gersh Agency. She is currently developing the book version of her award-winning feature ESCAPE.
- 2011 Silver Prize winner Joe Webb was also signed by The Gersh Agency and his PAGE Award-winning TV Drama Pilot ICON has been optioned by Sony, with John Amiel attached to direct and Deb Spera and Maria Grasso attached to executive produce.
- 2011 Bronze Prize winner Christian Ryden was signed by PAGE Judge Josh Goldenberg at Kaplan/Perrone and his Award-winning thriller THE TENTH COMMANDMENT was picked up by Atlas Entertainment and producer Rick Suckle.
- John Scott III’s 2010 Gold Prize-winning feature MAGGIE, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Abigail Breslin, was filmed on location in New Orleans and is slated for a 2014 release. Shortly after his PAGE win, John was signed by CAA, and he has since been hired to adapt Isaac Asimov’s THE CAVES OF STEEL for Twentieth Century Fox, Ted Williams’ OTHERLAND for Warner Bros., and Francesco Calabrese’s LOVELY MONSTER for Lionsgate.
- Steve Allrich’s 2010 Bronze Prize-winning thriller BAD KARMA was filmed on location in Australia, starring Ray Liotta and Dominic Purcell, and his new feature THE TIMBER was filmed in Romania, produced by ANA Media and starring James Ransone. Steve is represented by PAGE Judge Eric Williams of Zero Gravity Management.
- PAPER TRAIL, by 2010 Gold Prize winners Louis Rosenberg and Joe Rosenbaum, has been picked up by Sidney Kimmel, and Louis and Joe’s spec MINDPLAY recently sold to Echo Lake. Louis and Joe are repped by Zero Gravity Management.
- Trigger Street Productions and American Original Pictures are now on board to produce Alex Hollister’s 2009 Silver Prize-winning action script SHOTGUN CINDERELLA. Alex also recently landed an assignment to adapt a DC/Vertigo graphic novel for the screen. Alex is repped by PAGE Judge Jeff Belkin.
- Following his PAGE win, 2008 Gold Prize winner Simeon Goulden was signed by the Curtis Brown Agency in London and he has since been working steadily writing for television. Simeon is the creator/writer of the hit sitcom SPY, which ran for two seasons on SKY 1 HD in the U.K.
- 2008 PAGE Award winner Bill Dubuque has been working non-stop since he won his Gold Prize. His feature THE JUDGE, starring Robert Downey Jr., Robert Duvall and Vera Farmiga recently completed production and is slated for a fall 2014 release. His spec THE ACCOUNTANT is being produced by Sony, with Will Smith attached to star. He wrote a book adaptation of THE BROTHERHOODS for Warner Bros, and he is currently working on a two-picture blind deal for Team Downey and Warner Bros. Bill is represented by Zero Gravity and Paradigm.
- The family feature DEAR ELEANOR, by 2007 Gold Prize winners Amy Garcia and Ceclia Contreras, was filmed last summer in Colorado, directed by Kevin Connolly, with Isabelle Fuhrman, Jessica Alba, Josh Lucas and Luke Wilson in the starring roles. Amy and Cecilia are represented by 59 Management and ICM.
- 2007 Gold Prize winner Marc Conklin was commissioned to write the feature MEMORIAL DAY, which was filmed on location in Minnesota, starring James Cromwell and Jonathan Bennett. Distributed by Image Entertainment, the movie is now available on Netflix and Amazon.
- The 2007 Bronze Prize-winning drama DONOVAN’S ECHO, by Jim Cliffe and Melodie Krieger, was filmed on location in Vancouver, starring Danny Glover and Bruce Greenwood. Distributed by Union Pictures, the movie is also available on Netflix and Amazon.
- 2006 Silver Prize winner Sang Kyu Kim has been working steadily ever since his PAGE win: first as a staff writer on the Starz TV series CRASH, then as a story editor on the TNT series HAWTHORNE, and most recently as a producer on the hit AMC series THE WALKING DEAD. Sang is represented by CAA.
- 2005 Silver Prize winner Janet Lin was hired as a staff writer on the FOX TV series BONES shortly after her PAGE win, then worked her way up the ranks to become a producer on the show. Janet is repped by The Gersh Agency.
- 2005 Bronze Prize winner Rob Frisbee was recently hired to write a remake of the classic Japanese film YOUTH OF THE BEAST for Lion Rock Productions and director John Woo. Rob is represented by Realm Management.
- 2005 Silver Prize winner Adam Balsam wrote the animated musical adaptation LEGENDS OF OZ. The movie is slated for release in May of 2014, voiced by an all-star cast that includes Lea Michele, Dan Aykroyd, James Belushi, Bernadette Peters, Kelsey Grammer and Patrick Stewart.
Are you looking for a way to launch your screenwriting career? Find out what it takes to enter our 2014 screenplay contest!
First, take a look at our list of Categories…